A Compelling, Ever-Changing & Rewarding Career!
Is Vascular Surgery Right for You?
Choosing a medical specialty is both exciting and nerve-wracking at the same time. The most important thing is making a fully informed decision, while discovering a career path that best matches your personal and professional goals.
Attributes of a medical specialty to consider include:
- Fit with personality/interests/skills
- Content of specialty
- Role model influence
- Work/life balance
- Options for fellowship training
- Future family plans
- Income expectations
- Length of residency training
When considering vascular surgery, ask yourself:
- Do you want to be at the forefront of some of the most exciting new medical technologies?
- Do you want to work towards reducing health disparities?
- Do you want to lead fantastic teams across the operating room, cath lab, and clinic?
- Do you want to immerse yourself in a comprehensive approach to care, yet maintain a comfortable work-life balance?
- Does performing a variety of both open and minimally invasive procedures excite you?
- Do you want to build life-long relationships with your patients and colleagues?
- Do you value high earnings potential?
If your answers to the above are YES, vascular surgery may be your specialty!